Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What Every Child Needs

What Every Child Needs
What Every Child Needs by Elisa Morgan and Carol Kuykendall was given to me at one of my MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) meetings.  This book is mainly written to new mothers, although fathers could learn from it too.  

This book reads like a parenting manual.  It emphasizes the nine basic needs each child has for love and how to give and show these kinds of love to your child.  The nine basic needs mentioned in the book are: Security, Belonging, Guidance, Play, Affirmation, Discipline, Respect, Independence, and Hope.  As a new mom, I am constantly searching for direction.  This book helped break down motherhood and gave a lot of examples of how I can be a great mom just by being myself.  Not only does the book give examples of how to love your child it also gives ideas if you are having difficulty showing your child love. I now have more confidence and know-how on showing and giving my child the love he needs.  I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment