Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Will the World End in 2012? by Raymond Hundley

Will the World End in 2012?Will the World End in 2012? by Raymond Hundley, Ph.D. is an insightful book.  Dr. Hundley debunks the top ten 2012 doomsday predictions ending with what really matters, a relationship with Christ.  He goes into just enough details to give you some knowledge on the topics and why they are believable to some and why they are not to others.  Not having much background knowledge of most of these topics it gave me a good insight without going into too many details.

Overall I liked the book.  After reading the first few chapters I started feeling paranoid that the world would soon be ending.  As a Christian, however, I know that we do not know when the world will end.  It could be December 21, 2012, or it may be tomorrow.  The fact is, even if the world does end in 2012 there is no guarantee that I or you will live that long.  Nonetheless, Dr. Hundley’s book made me reflect on my own life. One thing we all need to remember is that we will all die someday.
I like how Dr. Hundley ended the book with what really matters, our relationship with God.  He neglected to mention Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38, and many other verses that talk about baptism, but the main idea of needing a relationship with Christ was there.  In the end our relationship with Christ is what will matter as we stand before the Lord on Judgment Day.
If you are interested in why people think the world is ending in 2012, then I recommend you read this.  Thomas Nelson provided me with a complimentary copy of this book.


No comments:

Post a Comment